Jesus Christ our Mediator

Jesus Christ our Mediator
Seek Him ........> Hear Him .......> Know Him .......> Be like Him

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Your Good Name

CTR                                  CTR
"Your name is a diamond--make sure it shines"
Sergio Tovalin

Judge, "Choosing the wrong will shame your name."






Making a Name for Himself


When George Albert Smith was in his later years he had the following experience:

“I became so weak as to be scarcely able to move. It was a slow and exhausting effort for me even to turn over in bed.

“One day, under these conditions, I lost consciousness of my surroundings and thought I had passed to the Other Side. …

“… I saw a man coming towards me … and I hurried my steps to reach him, because I recognized him as my grandfather. … I remember how happy I was to see him coming. I had been given his name and had always been proud of it.

“When Grandfather came within a few feet of me, he stopped. His stopping was an invitation for me to stop. Then—and this I would like the … young people never to forget—he looked at me … and said:

“ ‘I would like to know what you have done with my name.’

“Everything I had ever done passed before me as though it were a flying picture on a screen—everything I had done. Quickly this vivid retrospect came down to the very time I was standing there. My whole life had passed before me. I smiled and looked at my grandfather and said:

“ ‘I have never done anything with your name of which you need be ashamed.’

“He stepped forward and took me in his arms, and as he did so, I became conscious again of my earthly surroundings. My pillow was as wet as though water had been poured on it—wet with tears of gratitude that I could answer unashamed” (George Albert Smith, Sharing the Gospel with Others, 1948, p. 111) (http://www.lds.org/ldsorg/v/index.jsp?vgnextoid=024644f8f206c010VgnVCM1000004d82620aRCRD&locale=0&sourceId=b5198ef0173fb010VgnVCM1000004d82620a____&hideNav=1)




18 comments:

  1. You have to make your name be known but in a good way. When you choose the right you get a good reputation for your name. You choose the wrong and your name is hurt and mostly anyone in your family with the same name. Choose the right and don't mess up your name because that is your reputation.
    Juan per.2

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that your name is one of the most important thing that you have. The reason why I think this is because without a name, you wouldn't be able to communicate with other people. If you didn't have a name you would be like any other person because no one would have names. But because you have a name, you can be whoever you want to be without getting people confused of who you are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think my name stands for furious cowboy talk like one and good guy




    Period 2
    Jorge Pena

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have to treat your name like a diamond you have to treat it carefully. Your name should be treated good because people will look up to you because of your name.
    --fabricio p.2

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your name is your identity. It determines who you are. Try to make sure you don't damage it in any way. When you damage your name, it does more than what it seems. So try to keep your name clean at all times.
    --Elvin Period. 2

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think that the statement is a good one because there are many people that choose the wrong. there are many people that think that they are going to make the bad mistake. that is why I think that you should always work hard in your studies and you will succeed in life and in school by earning good grades and making the best out of school.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think that your name is what separates you from the other people around you. I think that your name is what tells people who you are and how are you going make that name a good one or make it a bad name to remember. I think that there are many thing that a good name can help. For example if you are looking for a job I think that a good name will help you get the job.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't think I've ever given my name much importance. I believe that it isn't the name itself that matters, but the meaning or the people and things associated with that name. I don't know what people who don't know me and have never heard of me think of me when they hear my name, and I've never really thought about it. I think that it's always up to you to prove to people who you are, and of course, you want them to believe the best or at least the truth.
    Julio
    Period 2

    ReplyDelete
  9. i think that this is vary true. i think that you name is your identify dont put it to shame. you want your name to be mention for good not for bad you know. your name is a diamond but it up to you wether it shines or not.

    Jesus Per.2

    ReplyDelete
  10. What i thing about this statement was that i don't thing my name shines that much but people know me by my nickname, Freelot pretty sure some day the whole world would name me as Freelot. Just gotta keep choosing the right.

    Per.2
    Jesse

    ReplyDelete
  11. YOUR NAME IS SOMETHING YOU LIVE UP TO MAKE IT LOOK GOOD. YOU NEED TO HAVE A GOOD REPUTATION SO THAT YOU CAN FEEL PROUD AND SUCCESSFUL ABOUT EVERYTHING YOU'VE DONE WITH YOUR NAME .
    SO CHOOSE THE RIGHT AND MAKE YOURSELF LOOK GOOD
    DOUGLAS PER 2

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think this is very true. Your name means a lot it identifies who you are. With that comes to see who the person you are its your reputation you have to keep you name clean so wherever you go your name is good because thats who you are it represents you.
    Karen L pd 2.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think that is a really good quote. I think that it is a good quote because it says that our name is a diamond and we have to make it shine. I think that this is saying that our reputation is what will make our name shine. But is we build a bad reputation our name will not shine. That is what I have to say about this.
    Santiago Per. 2

    ReplyDelete
  14. it telling us that you must plan your life. when you plan your life on the certain things, you'll might make it. you must get your name on something you'll be remember. in order to that you must do something really good so tat it can be famous and remember. if you do something bad the you'll be ashamed and infamous. so don't do something bad, just Choose the Right and you'll be remembered. Nelson Per.2

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your name is identity it shows who you are and what kind of person you are if you have a bad name your not going to be successful in life your name goes with you everywhere.

    Fernando J period 2

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your name is like your life. If someone gets your name you do not know what they will do with it. they could get you identity and they will mess with your life. your name represent you for who you are.
    [=JAILYN=]
    ~(PD 2)~

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is very true. People will remember you by your name. And the things you have done in the past. Its your name and you could keep it clean . Or just leave it dirty. Later on in life they will remember you by your name.
    per.2maria

    ReplyDelete
  18. I believe that this is true. Your name is something that represents you. It represents the person you are. So if you want people to know that you are a very good person then you need to keep your name clean...daisy pd2

    ReplyDelete